The PLPA Mission Statement:
The Pet Loss Professionals Alliance is committed to being an educational resource to its members by bringing continued learning in every aspect of a pet death care operation.
The membership, including pet loss suppliers and pet death care facility operators, will be dedicated to the creation of programs to profitably meet the changing needs of the pet death care industry in the areas of cemeteries, crematories and pet loss facilities, also incorporating the various needs of other process partners, such as the veterinary industry.
The PLPA's commitment to its membership is to assist in:
Foster positive consumer relationships by promoting high ethical standards Encourage our members to promote the dignified and respectful care of the pet bodies Promote cemeteries as respectful resting areas and as a place of lasting tribute to the memories of our beloved pets.
Provide services, products and educational opportunities with an emphasis on those resources that members cannot as effectively provide for themselves Be proactive in leadership on legislative, regulatory and legal issues Create mutually beneficial relationships with state, regional, international and allied associations provide members the opportunity for growth and recognition through participation in the ICCFA.
Obligations of Membership in PLPA:
Members of the PLPA recognize that we have special obligations to the pets, families and other businesses that we serve. As guardians of pets in death, we pledge:
- To care for the remains of those entrusted to us with dignity, respect, and professional skill, whether at a clinic, funeral home, crematory or cemetery
- To honor the wishes of the family and to serve all families with respect, understanding and confidentiality
- To protect and preserve all interment sites and relevant historical data entrusted to us
- To be guided by the spirit and letter of all applicable laws and regulations set by governing bodies with jurisdiction over our activities in the ownership, management and operation of a funeral home, crematory, cemetery or related endeavor
- To be an educational resource and guide in standards relating to final pet death care options for our client families as well as our process partners.
The PLPA is a group of like-minded pet-loss care providers who are working to foster a high level of ethics and training within our profession. We are focused on establishing sound business practices and standards among our ranks and on promoting the value of quality pet-loss care to veterinarians and the public.
The PLPA is a newly formed committee of the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association. Founded in 1887, the ICCFA is made up of more than 7,400 member cemeteries, funeral homes, crematories, pet-loss care providers and related businesses worldwide.
We are a proud member of this professional alliance, with an eye to the future when all pet crematoriums/pet funeral homes will be held to the same high standards and ethics as human crematoriums/funeral homes.
To lean more about the PLPA, please visit their website by clicking here.